- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, Dayboro Road, Whiteside QLD, Australia
- Wednesday to Friday 10am - 3pm; Saturday 10am - 2pm; Sunday 9am to 2pm; closed Monday & Tuesday.
- 07 5433 2710
Pine Rivers Heritage Museum
Pine Rivers Heritage Museum is closed from 3 October 2021 for refurbishments and will reopen mid-2022.
Set among the graceful landscape of Old Petrie Town, Pine Rivers Heritage Museum explores the district’s historic character.
Learn about early timber-getters and industries, experience an 1890s school classroom and glimpse life before electricity in an original farm workers cottage.
The museum features:
- a theatrette that animates the history of the region in film and some surprising objects
- one of the earliest kit homes produced by James Campbell and Sons in the 1890s
- artefacts uncovered at Camp Strathpine, a Second World War military facility
- the Skyring Clock Collection of 50 clocks skilfully hand-built by one man
- stories of early European settlement told by descendants of pioneering families
- films about Normanby Rum, the Australian Paper Mill and other early industries
- a diverse program of events and workshops for adults and children.
Browse through more than 90 other BLHN Places to Visit.