- Logan Art Gallery Pop Up - 2 Wineglass Drive, Hillcrest
- 30th June 2022 - 07th July 2022
School holiday workshops
At the Logan Art Gallery Pop Up.
Sustainability is the focus this school holidays.
Climate change, sustainability practices and the relationship we have with the land on which we live, learn, work and play are key themes in this series of exhibitions:
- Our town: Shibukawa and Logan Sister City children’s art exchange exhibition
- Stories of the Northern Peninsula: recent acquisitions from the Logan Art Collection
- Stitched together: Southside Upcycling Stitchers Collective and the World Environment Day posters
Children and teens are invited to join artists from the Southside Upcycling Stitchers Collective for three workshops that will teach children to create arts and crafts from recycled materials and unwanted objects:
Bag it! Bags from cereal boxes – Thursday 30 June
Artist Karen Benjamin will teach you to create a stylish handbag using re-purposed cereal boxes and recycled fabrics.
Trash to treasure: upcycle your wardrobe! – Wednesday 6 July
Refashion your unwanted jewellery and bric-a-brac to create beautiful new pieces of wearable art.
Bats and other small plushie friends – Thursday 7 July
Learn simple sewing techniques and create a small soft toy using recycled materials.
Places are limited, bookings essential.