- South Brisbane Cemetery - 185 Annerley Road, Dutton Park
- 08th May 2021 - 08th May 2021
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 0432 554 470
South Brisbane Cemetery Anniversary Day (1870-2021)
Presented by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery.
This is a follow up for the event that the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (FOSBC) had planned for the 150th anniversary of the cemetery last year, which was sadly cancelled due to the pandemic.
FOSBC will be unveiling the 150th anniversary marker in the presence of relatives of the cemetery residents, and through the day there will be:
- two free public history talks
- ‘History of the Cemetery’
- ‘Headstone Detective’
- self-guided tours
- food and drink stalls
- ‘Guardian Angels’ headstone cleaning demonstrations
- help with family history and locating graves
- a history book stall
- an historical photo display
- Children’s symbol hunts.
This event is part of the Australian Heritage Festival 2021.